.:.Avengers Academy.:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:.Avengers Academy.:.

Principal Fury, of Avengers Academy, sent a letter to a bunch of teenagers he judged exceptional to be part of his educational program, which will teach them the way of the Avengers to protect this vulnerable earth and it's habitants.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking in the new surroundings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

Taking in the new surroundings Empty
PostSubject: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 3:06

Clint pushed the wooden door open with his foot, his hands each carrying a duffel bag, his only belongings. He entered the large room hesitantly, taking in his surroudings. He seemed alone. Good. It would be less awkward for him. He approached one of the bunker beds and threw his bags on the top bunk. He had always taken the top bunk in the circus, he could see everyting from there. Taking a deep breath, Clint then started walking around the room, noticing to his left a small living room which had a plasma screen TV. At the back were a few desks, each had a computer on it. It was the first time he ever saw so much technology in the same room. He saw stairs next to the entrance and climbed them. He was happy to find double doors leading to a balcony at the top. He opened them and stepped outside taking a deep breath. Clint smiled.

"My new home" he simply said, arms crossed behind his head.
Back to top Go down
Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 3:54

Loki opened the door just in time before dropping his bags on the floor exhausted. He had too much pride to ask for help even though he nearly collapsed in the middle of the corridor leading to this dormitory. After closing the door to have a little privacy, he turned around and noticed the colour of the walls…yellow.

“What an ugly colour…” muttered Loki as he dragged his suitcases all across the room until he reached the bunker beds. Not even trying to figure out why the room didn’t match the colour of his group, Loki looked at the bed already knowing what he wanted from the start; the top bunk of the bed near the window. Unfortunately, this bed seemed to be taken. Frowning, Loki did not even hesitate before taking the suitcases on the bed and throwing them on the bed below thinking the previous owner wouldn’t mind or dare approach him to claim back the bed.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 4:22

Clint frowned. He heard sounds coming from below. It was probably his new roommate. He turned around and went back inside trying to contain his excitement. He slowly climbed down the stairs, trying to see who had intruded. He saw a tall scrawny guy standing next to the bunker bed he had claimed and lifting his seemingly heavy baggage on the top bunk. Wait, the top bunk? That was where he had settled. He then noticed his bags were placed on the lower one. The dark haired boy had moved his stuff. He had guts to do so because no one touched the hawk’s nest once it was in place.
Clint silently approached the newcomer and stood behind him, arms crossed against his chest.
"Did your parents taught you any manners?"
Back to top Go down
Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 4:45

Loki stared from head to toe the student who dared address him in such a way while thinking of a proper comeback to put him back to his place.

“Well yes. My father did teach to be generous with the poor peasant from the lower class. How much do you want miserable runt?” retorted Loki absolutely thrilled to see the look on the other’s face. He obviously wasn’t expecting Loki to stand on his ground.

With a smile on his face, Loki turned around to search in his bag the book he wanted to read peacefully in his new bed, not paying attention anymore to the other fool.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 5:13

Clint raised an eyebrow not expecting the insult. Well, his worn jeans and washed out T-shirt didn't help the cause, but he only shrugged in reply. Clothes didn't define a man, he thought, his heart did. He walked next to the other student smiling stupidly.

"Well from you, I certainly wouldn't want anything," he said while grabbing his bags.

Clint moved to the bunk at the far end of the room and threw his bags on it. He started unpacking his belongings.

"And I reeeaally doubt your dad ever taught you what generosity was when you come in low stealing other's places." He shook his head disapprovingly. "If you want to know how it's really like being generous then you should take example on me as I'm giving you my bed."

He slightly turned his head to see the guy's reaction. Clint's smile became broader.
Back to top Go down
Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 5:42

Loki stayed silent for a while, processing what the other had just said, still not believing he was in fact arguing with him. It was actually refreshing to find someone to argue with since Thor isn’t a great challenge when it comes to words and cleverness.

“I don’t recall seeing your name on the sheets and you should learn that beggars can’t be choosers!” replied Loki with as much arrogance and dignity as he could muster.

He continued to look for his book emptying his suitcase for a while before turning his head toward the bed intruder.

“My father also told me to respect those who are mentally retarded, so I’ll let you go with a warning, simpleton. Do not mess with me. Is that clear enough for you?”
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 7:03

Clint scoffed. Was the other student calling him retarded? Manners had definitely not been taught into this child. He possessed more of them and he came from the freakin' circus, a hell hole where insults and swears were the only things you heard all day long.

"The name is Clint, snobby. And it's strange because I recall this situation as you being the one to start it with your obvious impoliteness."

Clint opened his other bag, the one carrying his precious baby. He zipped it open and pulled out a small case from it. He climbed onto the upper bunk of the bed and settled the case on his lap, snapping it open. He noticed the stranger looking curiously at him and smiled. Maybe it would be funny to give him a little fright. He took the handle of his precious folded treasure holding it in front of him. He then suddenly jerked his arm forward activating the mechanism of the object making it snap into its original form, a long black recurve bow. He smiled as the boy at the other end of the room jumped at the sudden appearance of the weapon but stayed put, not willing to show any fear. Clint raised an eyebrow. The guy was stubborn, just like him. He then turned his attention back to the case and produced a soft cloth from it before casually starting to polish his bow. He heard the other student sigh.

"By the way," Clint frowned suddenly realising an important detail, "if you didn't see my name in those sheets it probably means you're not in the right room."
Back to top Go down
Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 16:20

Loki raised an eyebrow hearing the other revealing his name and smirked wondering if he should or not do him the honour of telling him his name. He finally sneered after finding his precious book and turned around with a snooty smile on his face.

“My forename is Loki. Remember it well, for I will not repeat it” responded Loki before sitting on his bed to begin his lecture he couldn’t wait to continue, if only this so called Clint would stop making this ruckus.

Unable to refrain himself, Loki dared casting a look toward Clint who looked like he was about to burst out laughing but was trying to stop himself. Just then, the other opened one of his cases and pulled out a weapon. Knowing that Clint was trying to impress him, Loki tried his best to keep his expression as impassive as possible considering whether or not he should play a little trick on this guy before he shot an arrow on him. After a minute of staring, he realised the other had no intention of mugging him so he relaxed and sighed before hearing the other.

Laughing nervously, Loki jumped on the floor to find the documents he had where the number of his room and the school’s map were. Resisting the urge to burn those papers after reading them, Loki stood up with all his pride and gathered his belongings hoping the other would not dare say anything else.

“So it would seem. You can have your petty bed back. I could have stayed here if I wanted, of course, but I do not desire to share a room with numskulls such as yourself.” Replied Loki finally leaving the room in time for Clint not to see his cheeks flushed in shame and rage.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 19:24

Clint burst out laughing once the door closed behind Loki. What a character this Loki was. He kind of reminded him of his brother the way they were arguing and insulting each other. He suddenly became serious again at the memory of his big brother. He shook his head pushing the memory as far away as possible, refusing to go down that dark path again. But the other student had his differences. Clint chuckled at the thought that the first person he met in the academy turned out to be more a foe than a friend. It should keep things interesting at least.

Clint put his bow away and took his bags running across the room to reclaim his stolen nest. He lay on his bed sighing, exhaustion from his trip to the academy slowly taking over him. Before dozing off, a concern surged out of his mind. What if he only met foes instead of friends in this academy like he did in the circus? He hoped that his real roommate would turn out to have a bigger heart than Loki's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking in the new surroundings   Taking in the new surroundings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking in the new surroundings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:.Avengers Academy.:. :: Dormitory block :: Dormitory :: Loyal-
Jump to: