.:.Avengers Academy.:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:.Avengers Academy.:.

Principal Fury, of Avengers Academy, sent a letter to a bunch of teenagers he judged exceptional to be part of his educational program, which will teach them the way of the Avengers to protect this vulnerable earth and it's habitants.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What time is it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 5:19

Enjoying his very first moment of peace and quiet for his first time in years, Bruce sat down at an empty table and read a book. He had chosen to sit away from the others, fearing to put them at risk. Bruce knew what to avoid in order to contain the beast that resided within him. Even in a library, where a calm and quiet environment is expected to be found, the slightest incident could turn the relaxing atmosphere to a disatrous war zone. How he hated that green monster everyone decided to call the hulk. Bruce decided to simply put his mind on the scientific book he had in hand and simply try to enjoy the moment that so far was going fairly well.
After aproximately half an hour, Bruce had to put down his book to check the time. He had a doctor's appointment for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s documentation on their students. The young man had been called in urgently and early in order to prevent any incident to happen and not know of The Hulk's full capabilities. The only trouble was that he couldn't see the time onthe library's clock from where he was sitting. He sadly couldn't keep a watch around and he learned that the hard way when he accidently "Hulked Out" when he was younger and his new, expensive watch didn't survive the experience at all... And now, Bruce was stuck looking around for the current time, certain he looked like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 5:59

Hands in his pockets, Clint walked aimlessly in the corridors exploring his new school. He was amazed at how big it was and slightly intimidated. In the circus, the community was slightly smaller making it easier for him to wander around. He sighed in exasperation. Why did he have to think about the circus now. The damned acts he had been playing all his life were now over. The circus was now his past, the academy his present leading him to a hopefully bright future. He smiled confidently feeling suddenly happier. And adventurous. He decided to open one of the large double doors on his left, curious to know what was lying behing it. He whistled as he entered the big library. Rows were stretching beyond him, as far as the eye could see. Well normal eyes, not like his. He walked past several rows, registering all the details in his head.

Suddenly a large space opened in front of him. Tables were displayed in three rows, each had a lamp on it and they were all empty. Except for one. Clint walked silently towards the stranger who was reading a book. His dark brown hair was all messy and his glasses kept slipping on the bridge of his nose as he, each time, placed them back. His serious face looked quite young. He was probably the same age as him. Suddenly, the student looked up for a moment before squinting his eyes at the wall located several feet in front of him. Clint looked at where he was staring and saw a clock. He soon understood he was trying to read the time.

"It's one thirty five in case you're wondering. Well almost thirty five. It's actually thirty four," he said, breaking the silence.
Back to top Go down
Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 5:59

The sudden appearance of Clint in his momentary personal bubble slightly startled Bruce. He didn't really notice him strolling around the library and walk towards the tables he sat at. The young dark haired boy cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses once more as he straightened up. He gave a small embarrassed chuckle and cracked a cornered smile through his clearly nervous expression.

"Thanks." That's all he could manage to say. Bruce hadn't planned to meet anyone on his first day... he was far too untrusting of himself and that brute living inside him. He didn't like the idea of being in such a closed space with so many people everywhere. The young scientist knew that with such a surrounding, stress and adrenaline was bound to show up, which he wanted to avoid to a maximum for everyone's safety. He realized he probably seemed a bit cold and impolite to the young boy who so kindly told him the time. Afterall, his meeting wasn't until two thirty. Bruce certainly had time to finally try to make a friend. He inhaled before speaking, trying to brighten up his expression and exhaled quietly as he closed his thick book.

"You've got some great eyes. That clock is quite far... I'd assume your "super power" is astounding vision?" He took his glasses off and gently slid them into his purple shirt's chest pocket before extending his arm, offering his hand to shake. He really hoped that the young man wouldn't notice the slight shaking in his hand. "Bruce Banner. Thanks again for your help."
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 21:19

Clint shook the young man's hand, ignoring the slight tremors. The guy seemed nervous. He had to make him feel more comfortable.

"I'm Clint Barton. Nice to meet you. And it's my pleasure, really."

He took a step back and sat on one of the nearby desks.

"And I guess you can say my extraordinary sight is my..."super power", yeah." He chuckled at the thought. He never thought he'd mention his acute sense of sighting as his "super power". It felt strange yet funny. He guessed that's what happened when you entered a super hero school. "But I don't consider it as a power. Let's just say the cir..." He cut his sentence short, happy he had thought twice before mentioning the damned place. He couldn't reveal the place where he came from...he was too ashamed of it. Everyone he was meeting seemed to come from all these nice places. Not from the circus or the streets like him.

He cleared his throat and continued: "Let's just say I learned to use my sight well growing up." Deep inside he hoped Bruce wouldn't ask anything about what he had almost revealed. "What about you? What's your super power?" he quickly added.
Back to top Go down
Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 14:55

Bruce diverted his brown eyes down to his hands which he held tightly together as he listened to the other talk, playing with his fingers from time to time. He chuckled sadly and then looked up to Clint. It was a bit obvious that his new acquaintance wasn't ready to tell him something. No one cuts himself short during their speaking like that unless there is something to cover. Bruce didn't mind. Actually, he understood that completely. There were many things he'd be hiding from the people here or at least try to hide for as long as he could. Of course, the part where he transforms into a huge green rage monster was quite inevitably going to be revealed one day or another. The big guy just hated staying inside for too long.

"Looks like a lot of us had to learn for ourselves how to use our specialities, huh?" He sighed. The next part, he didn't exactly know how to explain in a short sentence but since Clint had openly told him one of his abilities, he supposed it'd be unfair to lie to him. "My super power? Heh... Well... How could I put it simply?" Bruce thought for a second and sighed again.

"Ever heard of the incident in Manhattan involving a huge green guy? He destroyed half of the city... Didn't stop at anything to cause damage?" He asked, looking at Clint with a clearly ashamed expression. His lips twisted into an awkward smile and his eyebrows furrowed as if he was going to get hit for what he was about to say. "That was me. Well... The Hulk. He lives inside me... to my dismay. An experiment went wrong with Gamma radiations and here I am."
Bruce shook his head and chuckled tiredly, looking down at his hands again. "I wouldn't call this a super power... more a dangerous curse."

A small silence took place. Bruce lifted his head up and forced a smile in hope to lift the atmosphere. "But hey! At least all of us who used to be "freaks" out there are pretty normal here. That's something to be happy about, right? And your great eye sight is quite useful to us all, even though I'm sure there's a lot more to you than just a pair of super performant eyes."
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 18:38

Clint's eyes widened. The Hulk. The little man in front of him was the Hulk, the big green monster that had destroyed half of Manhattan. Of course he had heard the stories of the Hulk and had been very happy at the time to have been out of the city on tour with the circus. But how was that possible that Bruce, so fragile looking, possessed a monster inside of him? He didn't want to know. Knowing it was because of Gamma rays was enough. "This guy must've been through a lot," he thought. And he seemed to feel really bad about what he had done. Clint frowned wondering how he could boost a bit his confidence. He listened to Bruce who broke the silence that had settled itself between them. He hadn't realised being deep in thought. He laughed at what the young scientist said. His previous profession was all about being a freak. But he was right, it felt good to stop all those acts.

"Yeah, it is something to be happy about I guess," he smiled. "And if you combine a bow with my super performant eyes like you say, I never miss my target. And I can emphasise on never." He gave out a little laugh before continuing. "But hey, I'm sure all that...Hulk episode wasn't your fault, right? I mean it's clear it never was your intention to destroy the city, so don't feel bad about it. Some things in life you just can't control unless you patiently learn how to. It's like me and my bow, it took some time before I was able to say I never miss a target."
Back to top Go down
Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Oct - 5:40

Bruce kept looking down at his hands as Clint spoke of the Hulk as if it was something he could actually learn to control. To him, the idea was overall impossible. The big green guy took whatever he wanted when it pleased him. It wasn't a bow and arrow. It wasn't super strength you just learn how to handle with training. This was a whole new living thing inside of his head that just took over and whatever Bruce Banner knew and learned, the Hulk didn't know. They didn't share minds and thoughts. But the young scientist could only wish that despite all of that, perhaps Clint was right. He couldn't bring himself to really believe in such a dream but positive thinking was all he had for now. Who knew? Perhaps good friends could actually help him in time… but the thought was still far away from Bruce Banner’s mind.

His eyebrows furrowed and he pinched his lips before choosing to not speak about all of these negative thoughts and simply give Clint a weak-agreeing smile. “Well…We’ll have to see if the Big Guy agrees to that too, huh?”

Bruce got up and gathered his books and held them in a pile under his arm. He gave a small grunt and a sigh. He had been sitting here for a while, reading all of his scientific books. It was now time for him to leave to go to his meeting.

“Well, Clint, it was a pleasure meeting you.” Bruce smiled shyly but this time genuinely trying to show his gratitude for the understanding approach the other gave him upon hearing within his weak self lived an infamous monstrous beast. “I have to say that I really enjoyed sharing with you. I sadly have to head to a physical examination but I hope we’ll get to meet again. It’s not everyday you meet someone who doesn’t run away at the mention of “the Hulk”.” He chuckled sadly. “Alright… well… See you around?”

Bruce began walking backwards slowly as he waved goodbye to his new… what he’d like to call friend. He smiled and turned around to walk out of the library, thinking: “Let’s pray we don’t meet again on the battleground…” Bruce knew very well that’d mean the end of what he believed could be a great friendship.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct - 22:46

Clint thought it was funny at how Bruce referred the Hulk inside him as the "Big Guy". He smiled back and hoped for his new friend's sake that his Hulk problem which seemed to be a very bothersome problem to the scientist would be settled. He watched his new friend stand up from his chair and collect his books. He concluded he would now be on his way to his meeting. The archer jumped off his perch so he could properly say his goodbyes.

"It was a pleasure meeting you too Bruce," he grinned acknowledging the man's gratitude towards him. He was glad he had been able to make him feel a bit better. "See you around, yeah." he answered Bruce with a broader smile. He really hoped to find him in one of his classes. The guy was really nice but his confidence seemed very low because of his "condition". Clint felt the urge to help him with the Hulk in any way he could. He didn't deserve to live in fear like that. He nodded to himself making it a promise.

He waved his hand at his new friend who was walking out of the library. He turned around to look at the clock on the wall. He still had a lot of time ahead of him. He would continue exploring his new school. He heard his stomach growl with hunger. He chuckled. "Guess it's time to look for the kitchen."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What time is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What time is it?   What time is it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What time is it?
Page 1 of 1