.:.Avengers Academy.:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:.Avengers Academy.:.

Principal Fury, of Avengers Academy, sent a letter to a bunch of teenagers he judged exceptional to be part of his educational program, which will teach them the way of the Avengers to protect this vulnerable earth and it's habitants.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hawk's sleep disturbed.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Empty
PostSubject: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 21:51

Clint pushed the heavy door open revealing a large open space. The ground was neatly paved and in one corner there was a big "H" painted onto it. He had found the runway it seemed. He advanced forward looking around. The wind blew calmly on his face. He found it soothing. It was very calm and silent up here. The perfect place to relax a bit. He walked to the edge of the runway looking down the three stories of the building. Clint never got afraid of heights, he actually loved them. Nothing could reach him there. He sat down on the edge letting his legs dangle in the open space beneath him. The more he explored the school the more he liked it. It was refreshing like the wind. He had gotten really lucky to be invited to the academy, finally receiving a proper education and a new life. If he saw Phil again he would have to thank him properly. He hadn't gotten the chance to do so since the agent had given him the offer.

Clint sighed and closed his eyes. He carefully listened to the sounds surrounding him trying to guess their source. He heard the trees sway in the wind, the leaves rustling against each other. He then heard a bird's cry quickly replied by another. He smiled. He couldn't ask for a calmer place.

Suddenly, he heard a distant thumping sound. He frowned and opened his eyes. What could it be? He looked around. The sound became louder and he soon recognized the familiar thumping of a helicopter. He turned around and there it was, the aircraft was quickly approaching the runway slowing down as it finally reached it. Who could possibly arrive at the school in a helicopter? Probably a millionaire, Clint thought.
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep - 22:36

Happy Hogan, Tony Stark's personal driver (or in this case, pilot), landed the helicopter smoothly on the runway of his boss' new educational institution. Tony unfastened his seat belt and stood up calmly. He was more or less excited about the academy. When he received Fury's letter, he was actually very proud of himself. He knew how awesome he was, and was happy that he could prove it more. Though, when he showed his father, the only reply he could get from him was that Mr. Stark personally knew Fury, and believed that Tony would be in good hands. Tony wanted a "Yeah! That's my son!" kind of thing, but he shouldn't have expected more coming from his (none)caregiver.

Tony's driver went to get his boss' belongings, while the other opened the entrance of the helicopter to get off. He went down the small steps of the aircraft and breathe deeply. The trip was nothing compared to what he was used to, but it was still good to breathe fresh air again. Happy went down the steps, with difficulty, considering Tony had brought a massive amount of luggage. The billionaire told his pilot to put everything down, that he could do the rest by himself. Happy sighed in relief, but got slightly concerned. Should he agree to let Tony bring everything by himself? The latter dismissed his pilot's concerns and ordered him to go back to his occupations. Tony did not need a pilot from now on. He still arranged something so he could call his driver/pilot whenever he would need him though, and Happy was aware of it.

As Happy finally started the engine of the helicopter to leave, Tony started to walk around the runway. He finally spotted a young man of about his age. He appeared to be standing there the whole time. He decided to approach him with his signature smile.

"Hey. You must be a student here. So how is it so far? Should I run before it's too late or...", he left the question unfinished as he waited for the other student's response.

Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 0:43

Clint watched as a young man of about his age climbed out of the helicopter. He was very well dressed. He was probably the millionaire in question. He watched him as he gestured his pilot to climb back in the heli leaving his baggages next to him. The young man then looked around and suddenly seemed to notice him. A bright smile lit his face up as he started talking to him.

"It's actually quite livable," Clint replied to his question. "Well that's if you don't mind living with complete strangers."

Suddenly remembering his manners, Clint produced his hand out of his pocket holding it in front of him.

"I'm Clint, by the way," he smiled. "Clint Barton."
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 1:02

"Ah good. I'm used to complete strangers anyway", Tony smiled and handed his own hand back to shake the other's.

"Well, nice to meet you, Clint. I'm Tony Stark", he declared proudly.

He then turned to his luggage and winced. He had brought a lot. "Moving is a pain, isn't it", he said more as a statement than a question.

Tony was used to travel the world with his family, but when he did, he was more likely to go to one of his many mansions situated around the world. This time, he was by himself (not like he wasn't usually by himself), moving out in a place that wasn't exactly counted as his house.

"I just hope this experience will pay off. I was actually in the process of finishing my masters at the MIT. I'm not too fond of having my time lost by others. I decide whether or not I should lose time." He mumbled more to himself, but Tony was the type to go on and on when he talked.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 1:30

The archer raised his eyebrows in surprise. Tony Stark. Tony Stark, the heir of Stark Industries was attending the Avenger's Academy, the same school as him, a low life circus performer. His smile became bigger. How cool was that. And the guy was pretty cool too. He wasn't like Loki. Clint saw him wince at the sight of his luggage saying it was a pain. He certainly didn't want to experience that, happy with his two duffel bags. Tony continued to talk, muttering the last part as if talking to himself.

"Well I'm quite used to move around places...actually it's pretty much part of my life, or should I say was until now." Clint shrugged. "And I'm hoping just as much as you about this whole thing and for now I can assure you everything is worth it! Except for this Loki guy. If you meet him, be careful. He can be a pain."

He then pointed at Tony's luggage before asking:

"Would you like some help carrying your stuff? I don't mind, really. I wasn't doing anything special before you arrived."
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 2:09

Tony frowned thoughtful at the mention of "Loki". He heard this name before. "Of course!" he thought.

"I saw the name of 'Loki' in my roommates list. Is he that bad? What did he do?" Tony asked curiously. Clint really seemed hateful towards that 'Loki'.

He then shrugged off Clint's offer. "No thanks. I just dismissed my pilot so that he wouldn't have to do it. I think he'd be a little heartbroken if he'd heard that someone else got the chance to lift my luggage, you know", he explained as if it was logical. "Besides, I can do it myself, I'm strong, alright?" He said full of himself.

He then went to his bags and brought them all (with difficulty that he wasn't going to admit) to where he and Clint were having a little conversation. He decided to sit on his bag that contained his clothes and sighed.

"I actually don't want to go inside immediately" he mumbled. "So.. Is this like your chilling spot or something?"
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 2:35

Clint put his hands in his pockets, a habit he had developed during his years living in the streets so he wouldn't get pickpocketed. He shrugged at Tony's question.

"I like open spaces like this. It just feels...secure you know. No one can reach you kind of feeling." He shook his head thinking he sounded stupid. He quickly continued the conversation hoping the billionaire wouldn't ask any question on what he had just said. "I feel bad for you having Loki as your roommate. If your bed gets stolen, he'll probably be the thief."

Clint sat down in front of Tony. He was surprised the young man wouldn't let him help him carry his luggage. He had seemed to struggle a minute ago. But he didn't want to insist, respecting his choice.

"At least he won't be able to call you a poor peasant," he laughed.
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep - 3:47

Tony caught glimpse of Clint's immediate shook of head. He seemed embarrassed at what he just said.

"I actually like being at highest levels in houses, buildings, or whatever. I guess I get what you mean about that feeling of security, but it personally give me a feeling of.. superiority. Like I'm at the top. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying. Anyways I guess I understand what you are saying," Tony kept on rambling.

The billionaire kept silent for a moment (something quite rare) after the mention of Loki's "crimes". He couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"I know people of his type", he said while smiling to himself. "I'll put Loki back to his place."
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 0:26

Clint sighed in relief at the response of Tony. It seemed he liked high places too, someone who finally understood him. At the mention of putting Loki back to his place, the archer laughed.

"Well if you ever need a hand, you know where to find me, on the roof."

Clint was enjoying the conversation; it was a peaceful one, not like the arguing he constantly went through with the people from the circus. And the best part was that he was actually making friends with Tony Stark. Never in a million years would he have thought that possible in his past life. It was funny at how things could change so suddenly in one's life. Sometimes it was for the better...but sometimes it wasn't. A dark look came across his face as je remembered the day his brother had turned his back on him. It had changed him forever. Clint shook his head coming back to the present. He hated it when he drifted off into his memories. He turned back his attention to Tony praying the billionaire hadn't noticed his slight change of mood. He didn't want to make things suddenly awkward, something he unfortunately seemed to be good at.
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 1:48

Tony smiled at Clint's offer. "The roof. It's noted in here", he said bringing a finger to his temple.

The billionaire noticed the sudden change in Clint's face. He seemed deep in thought and it didn't seem like he was having happy thoughts either. Tony didn't know if he should ask what was going on with the other. He wasn't too good dealing with others' problems. He couldn't even deal with his own. He decided to bring a hand to Clint's shoulder and smiled.

"Do you like alchohol? I brought some. I know it's supposed to be illegal and shit, but I don't care. Plus, you seem kind of down. It'd make you feel better", he said everything while getting a bottle of whiskey out of one of his many bags.

He opened the cap and offered the bottle to Clint with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 2:32

Clint eyed the bottle of whiskey Tony was handing him. He had gotten drunk only once in his life. And it had exactly been because of his brother abandoning him. He had wanted to forget everything about him, the pain and loneliness he had shoved into his miserable life. And the results of that night hadn't been pretty. He had woken up the next morning by an infuriated Trickshot, his former mentor, and he had been covered in bruises indicating he had gotten into a fight with one of the circus performers as Trickshot informed him of what he had done. He hadn't touched alcohol since then. Plus, he preferred having a clear mind at his disposal. But..."What the hell," he tought after a moment. The more he looked at the bottle, the more it looked appealing. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to just take a sip. And it wasn't every day you could drink expensive whiskey.

Clint grabbed the bottle and lifted it in the air as a cheer. "To bad memories" He took a gulp and almost chocked as the liquid burned his throat. Yet it was kind of refreshing. He handed the bottle back to Tony, still wincing at the burning sensation in his throat.

"What about you? To what honour will you drink to?"
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 4:10

Tony starred at Clint amused. The faces he made after drinking the whiskey was funny to Tony. Though, he made the same faces when he drunk himself anyway. He took a gulp of the beverage and pondered at Clint's question. He then made the same face that made him laugh when Clint did it.

"Life in general, I guess", he said before letting a dry laugh out. "So why did Fury call you in? What kind of powers do you possess? Were you an experiment or something? Is that what you mean by bad memories?" Tony could go on and on, but he'd figure he had to stop at one point. He waited for at least one answer from the poor young man that was being bombarded by all of his questions.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 17:46

Clint was taken aback by the many questions thrown at him. He guessed it was the scientist in Tony that made him ask so many questions. He laughed at his presumptions on him being a lab experiment. Wasn't it a bit far-fetched his theory? On second thought maybe it wasn't...half of the future super heroes coming to the academy got their super powers like that. He thought for a second if he should talk about his older brother, Barney, to his new friend. It felt strange as he never talked about him to anyone. Maybe he'd feel better doing so. But he certainly didn't want to reveal his circus background. He was too embarrassed about it.

"One of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s agents noticed my talent with the bow. I never miss my target, I always hit dead center. I guess that's my super power although I would call it a talent; I see everything. So no, nothing of this comes from experiments in a laboratory," he chuckled. "And I mean bad memories because of my big brother. Let's say he wasn't the best brother you could get. Always seemed jealous, but I never knew why. But all of that is past now! So I guess I should've cheered for the future ahead of me."

He gestured toward the billionaire. "What about you? What brings you here? Like you said, you were just about to finish your masters at MIT but you stopped everything to come here."
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 21:31

Tony listened to Clint's little monologue while taking little gulps of the alcohol. He got more interested in Clint the moment he found out the other was normal, like him. Well, if you consider a genius and a very agile (maybe too agile) archer, normal. Tony's expectations of this school would have been a bunch of mutated freaks with super powers he didn't possess. Not that he wanted powers anyway, he was just fine being an incredible "normal" human being. Overall, he was glad that his first encounter was with someone somewhat normal.

He pondered at Clint's story about his brother. He frowned while giving the other the alcohol. "I don't have siblings.. or even what you would call a family. Well I do have a family, but it isn't what I consider normal, you know?" He faked smiled. "But I guess I understand what you feel. Family. It can be a drag sometimes. Most of the times," he concluded.

He then paused after Clint's question about his motives to attend the academy. He sighed and lowered himself to be more comfortable on his bag.

"To be honest, I'm not too sure. I guess..." he paused. "Well I received the letter. I guess I wanted to try out. Experience this and then if it wouldn't be of a reward to me, I'd simply quit and go back to continue my masters", he looked at Clint with a small smile. "I also like change so.."

Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 23:55

Clint took another sip from the bottle. He completely agreed with the man about family being a drag. But maybe it was a different kind of drag for him. He listened to what Tony had to say next. He nodded, agreeing once more. Change was what saved him from a miserable circus performer's life. He wouldn't be here now if it weren't for change.

"Well I think this academy will be some kind of reward for everyone, giving us a new horizon. And who doesn't like change. It's what keeps me going, you know," he said with a smile.

It was true. It gave him hope and men couldn't live without it. At least he thought so. It was what Trickshot kept telling him when he was only a tiny kid and didn't quite understand the world yet. But now he did. His smile disappeared. He found it sad he wouldn't be able to show his mentor what he had learned with the years. He shook his head. But that wasn't his fault, it was because of what his former mentor had done. Yes, he didn't need him anymore. Clint took another gulp of the whiskey before handing it back to its owner.
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct - 0:19

Tony grabbed his bottle back and took a last sip before closing the cap and putting the bottle away in his bag again. He stood up from his bag and realized he had maybe stood up too fast. He was a little dizzy. He wasn't near as tipsy though. Tony Stark knew how to handle his alcohol. He guessed he shouldn't have stand up so quickly after drinking a very strong percentage of alcohol. He leaned at the wall and laughed a bit.

"Oh god", he laughed at his situation. He finally got better and bent down to grab his bags. "You're right", he smiled. "Anyways, I guess I'm going to get going. I have all my stuff to put away in my room. Can't wait to meet that 'Loki' guy", he smirked. "It was nice meeting you.. Clint? That's right?" he asked while offering his hand as a 'goodbye handshake'.
Back to top Go down
Clint Barton

Clint Barton

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct - 2:10

Clint laughed as Tony got up, staggering and then leaning on the wall. He followed the billionaire's example and got up too, feeling his head spin a little. He had almost forgotten the nice warmth alcohol gave. He listened Tony talk while he looked around the runway. He smiled when he mentioned he couldn't wait to meet Loki.

"Well trust me you will recognize him immediately. He's not hard to spot," he said laughing. He hadn't laughed so much since...he couldn't even remember. What a nice day he was having so far. Maybe his spirits were high right now because of the booze. Tony suddenly offered his hand asking him his name again.

"Clint, yeah. It was really nice meeting you too Tony," he answered while shaking the young man's hand. "We should do this more often. I really enjoyed."
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct - 2:19

Tony smiled. "Yeah sure. We'll eventually meet each other again in the school. If ever you wonder where to find me, my room's the green one", he said smiling at the stupidity of red, blue, yellow and green for the rooms. "Well then, see you!" He concluded smiling, leaving Clint's side to enter the academy from the runway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hawk's sleep disturbed.   The Hawk's sleep disturbed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hawk's sleep disturbed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:.Avengers Academy.:. :: The Academy :: Third Floor/Rooftop :: Runway-
Jump to: